Main Official Release Version Firmware
Release Date: 18th May 2017
Click to download - USB Update - Firmware Sonica-33-0511
Filesize (47,964,160 bytes)
USB DAC Firmware Latest Official Release Version
Release date: February 27th 2017.
Note: USB DAC Firmware needs to be upgraded manually (not through network) and separately.
Download Firmware and Installation guide
Firmware Upgrade via a USB Thumb Drive
Insert a USB stick to the computer, and copy the downloaded Sonica.bin file on it (link above)
Verify that the BIN file is on the root/main directory of the USB stick, not contained within any other folder.
Firmware Upgrade via the Internet
1. Turn on your Sonica DAC. Make sure that Sonica DAC is connected to the internet.
2. Launch the Sonica app on your mobile device. The app will prompt you to upgrade your firmware if new firmware is available. Please follow the in-app instructions to complete the firmware upgrade process.
3. In the event that the app does not prompt you, select Settings, About, and then Check for Device Updates. Sonica DAC will start searching for the new firmware from an OPPO firmware server. Please follow the in-app instructions to complete the firmware upgrade process.
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO UNPLUG THE POWER OR PRESS ANY BUTTONS OTHER THAN NECESSARY TO RESPOND TO THE IN-APP PROMPT DURING THE REMAINING UPGRADE PROCESS.
4. In order to complete the firmware upgrade process, Sonica DAC will reboot automatically.
5. Repeat from Step 3 above until the app reports that Sonica DAC already has the latest version. This will ensure that Sonica DAC downloads and installs all parts of the firmware update.
Congratulations! You have just completed the firmware upgrade.
This release is for the OPPO Sonica DAC Firmware.
- Once this firmware version is installed on Sonica DAC, you will not be able to revert back to any previous official or public beta firmware. There will be no problem upgrading to any future official or beta firmware release.
- This firmware is designed to work with Apple iOS and Android OPPO Sonica applications version 2.2 or later.
Comparing to the previous Official release version the major changes included in this version are:
- Improved the jitter and digital filter performance.
- Resolved an issue where pressing the Mute button on the HA-1 remote control could change Sonica DAC’s input to Optical.