• ONCE THIS PUBLIC BETA FIRMWARE IS INSTALLED ON THE PLAYER, YOU CAN REVERT BACK TO THE PREVIOUS OFFICIAL RELEASE VIA A USB THUMB DRIVE. THERE WILL BE NO ISSUES UPGRADING TO ANY FUTURE OFFICIAL OR BETA FIRMWARE RELEASE.
Release date: 12th August 2015
Release date: August 12, 2015.
Category: Latest Public Beta Test Release
Main Version: BDP10XEU-79-0711B
Loader Version: 6U1000 or 7B1400 (BDP-103), 7B1400 (BDP-105, BDP-105D, BDP- 103D)
Sub Version: MCU103-05-0916 (BDP-103EU), MCU105-04-1113 (BDP-105EU), MCU13D-01-0618 (BDP-103D), MCU15D-01-0930 (BDP-105D), DB10X 131030 (BDP-103D, 105D)
This release is for the OPPO BDP-103EU, BDP-103D, BDP-105EU and BDP-105D Blu-ray Disc players.
1. Once this Public Beta firmware is installed on the player, you can revert back to the previous Official release via a USB thumb drive. There will be no issues upgrading to any future official or beta firmware release.
2. This Public Beta firmware is designed to work with new versions of Apple iOS and Android MediaControl applications, which added support for TIDAL Music Streaming. The Media Control V4.0 will be available in the App Store and the Google Play Store shortly.
Comparing to the current Official release version BDP10XEU-77-0827, the major changes included in this version are:
1. Added support for TIDAL Music Streaming. Requires use of OPPO MediaControl App v4.0 on your smartphone or tablet.
2. Improved subtitle support for user-created media.
3. Improved support for user-created WAV files with non-standard metadata tags.
4. Improved gapless playback for 176 / 88.2 kHz WAV files.
5. Resolved an issue with smearing or ghosting effects in Netflix.
6. Resolved an issue where AIFF file playback would result in white noise when headphones were connected to the BDP-105(D).
7. Resolved a bass management issue where the subwoofer would clip when 0 dB signals were sent to all channels when one speaker was set to small.
8. Resolved a frame rate conversion issue where 25 Hz and 50 Hz user-created media was converted to 60 Hz when TV System was set to Multi.
9. Resolved an audio loss issue that could occur with MKV files with Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD MA audio tracks.
10. Added support for ARIB STD-B25 and ISDB fonts.
11. General disc compatibility improvements based on recent and upcoming Blu- ray releases as well as user-submitted disc samples.
All features and improvements of the previous firmware are also included in this version.